Procurement Card Program
The State has implemented a procurement card program designed to allow agencies the ability to make small purchases using a procurement card (U.S. Bank Visa).
The intent of this program is to increase the efficiency of the purchasing system by eliminating manual steps and costly paperwork required to make small purchases. As a positive byproduct of the program, the State can:
- reduce the amount and number of petty cash funds;
- better identify the actual cost to make such purchases;
- reduce the audits and administration of small purchases; and
- enhance the reporting of purchases made.
Please contact the State Procurement Bureau at firstname.lastname@example.org or (406) 444-2575.
Montana Public Vehicle Fueling Program
Created in 1993 to help public agencies in Montana:
- Get out of the costly fuel dispensing business and privatize fleet fueling
- Simplify and automate accounting procedures associated with processing fuel transactions
- Achieve greater control over fuel expenditures
- Exemption of applicable Federal Excise taxes at the point of sale
- Serves over 400 individual agency accounts in Montana, including state agencies, local governments, municipalities, school districts, and special districts
- Approximately 400,000 gallons per month processed
- State currently has a contract with WEX, Inc.
- The cards are accepted at 99% of fueling stations
For more information on the Public Vehicle Fueling Program, please contact:
Rick Dorvall, Program Manager
Room 165 Mitchell Building
PO Box 200135
Helena MT 59620-0135
Phone: (406) 444-3366
Fax: (406) 444-2529